Week of 5-1-17
NO MATH HOMEWORK!!! WORK ON YOUR SCIENCE ECOSYSTEM PROJECTS. DUE MAY 5TH
Week of 5/1/17-5/5/17
- Start working on visual and oral presentation for your ecosystem
- May 1-2: Early Voting in JIS Library (10am-7pm)
- May 1-5: Book Fair, Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2: Reading Night (5pm-6pm); 5th Grade concert (6pm)
- May 3: School-wide picnic (Hamburgers/Hotdogs) 11:00am-12:30pm
- May 4: Progress Reports; Muffins with Mom
- May 8: STAAR Tests: 3rd & 4th grade math; 5th grade math retest
- May 9: STAAR Tests: 3rd & 4th grade reading; 5th grade reading retest
- May 10: STAAR Test: 5th grade science
- May 11-12: STAAR make-up days
- Math: No Homework
- Reading: Read 15-20 minutes each night Countdown to STAAR: Matter and Energy
- ELA: Study writer’s words-Quiz on Friday
- Science: Ecosystem projects DUE, FRIDAY MAY 5th
- Math: STAAR review activities
- Reading: We will review our STAAR strategies in Jeopardy format.
- Language Arts: We can identify and use figurative language correctly. We will work on writing our reports for our ecosystem project.
Social Studies: We can identify how individuals, events, and ideas have changed communities, past and present.