No Math Word Problems!
REMINDERS & UPCOMING EVENTS:
- May 14th: 3rd/4th grade Math STAAR
- May 15th: 3rd/4th grade Reading STAAR
- May 18th: 3rd grade field trip to Inner Space Caverns
- May 22nd: Spring Choir Concert 6pm
- May 24th: Talent Show 8:30am-11:00am
- May 25th: 5th grade concert
- May 25th: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! EARLY RELEASE @ 12:15pm
- If you have not signed up for Remind to get information or communicate with your child’s teacher, please do that! You will be glad you did! It is super easy to use! There are links on the teacher website.
- We are collecting aluminum can tabs to help the Ronald McDonald House. Please continue to send those throughout the school year at your convenience.
- We are collecting box tops to help our school. Please continue to send those throughout the school year at your convenience
- Yearbooks are for sale!
- Math - We will solve 1 and 2 step problems involving the four operations using various strategies.
- Science - We will observe and describe the physical characteristics of environments and how they support populations and communities within an ecosystem. We will identify and describe the flow of energy in a food chain and predict how changes in a food chain affect the ecosystem. We will describe environmental changes where some organisms thrive and others perish or move to new locations.
- Reading - We will make inferences and use text evidence to support our conclusions about text. We will use graphic organizers to focus on the elements of fiction and nonfiction text.
- Language Arts - We will make inferences to show our understanding of comprehension questions.
- Social Studies - We will learn the different ways to travel and why, from past to present.
- Math - Please study multiplication facts through 12 for ten to fifteen minutes per day. . We will be taking a 2 minute timed quiz (starting with the 2’s) each day until all students have memorized their math facts through 12. They should be able to tell you which number they are on! This can be done using flash cards (bought or homemade), any website that offers practice for multiplication math facts to 12, and/or any math apps for tablets, iPads, or smartphones. They also have accounts set up for Xtramath and IXL. Student usernames and passwords will be written in their agenda. This can be done anywhere including car, waiting in line, outdoors or any place! This is such a huge piece in helping students feel confident in the classroom and more successful in math!
- Reading - Reading Log is complete for the school year. Please continue reading over the summer!
- Spelling - No more Spelling Quizzes!